Organization: Living Goods
Country: Myanmar, Uganda, Zambia
Closing date: 31 Aug 2015
Do you want your work to matter? Do you have serious business chops and want to use them to make a difference? Are you just looking for a change, or are you looking for the chance to changes millions of lives for the better? If the answer is yes, read on.
Living Goods aims to improve the lives of tens of millions of underserved customers in the developing world. To do this, LG only grows its own businesses, but also dramatically magnifies its impact through large-scale partnerships. Living Goods works with many of the world’s leading visionary organizations across the business, social and government sectors. Current and past partners include Care International, the Clinton Foundation, BRAC, Marie Stopes, and PSI. LG has also advised top global brands like Unilever and Nestle.
We are seeking a self-motivated, passionate professional to help partners replicate Living Goods’ success. This position is based initially in Kampala, Uganda for a short onboarding period, followed by a long term placement in one of our partner locations (Myanmar, Zambia). Candidates should be open to alternate locations as required and travel approximately 30% of the time. This is a full time role requiring a minimum two-year commitment. By collaborating with the world’s leading international NGOs, businesses and governments to replicate our business model, you will have the opportunity to improve the health and livelihoods of millions of underserved customers.
Roles & Responsibilities
· Contribute to successful execution of partnership engagements by providing hands-on advisory services to help a partner replicate and adapt the Living Goods model in a new country setting;
· Support market research, product planning, business plan development, operations design, financial modeling, mobile technology design, staff development and grant management;
· Cultivate relationships with potential funders, governments and other social enterprises in the partner’s country location;
· Develop materials detailing the LG model, partner best practices, and lessons learned to share for grant management purposes, as well as through our networks and social media channels.
· 5-8 years of experience with a top consulting firm, large health focused NGO, impact investor, or in a highly demanding professional environment;
· A track record of delivering results and exceeding expectations in a client-facing role;
· Prior experience working in developing countries with culturally diverse teams;
· Superior quantitative and qualitative analytical skills;
· Experience with proposal development and/or grant management for large funders (e.g. USAID, DFID, Global Fund, Gates Foundation, etc.);
· Proven ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner, and inspire confidence in a wide variety of audiences;
· Excellent computer skills and working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, knowledge of innovative mobile technologies a plus;
· French, Portuguese, or Myanmar (Burmese) language skills are a plus.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance, vacation, and a bonus opportunity. We offer the opportunity to be your best while making lives better for others.
What is Living Goods?
Living Goods supports networks of ‘Avon-like’ micro-entrepreneurs who go door-to-door teaching families how to improve their health and wealth while selling affordable, high-impact products like basic medicines, fortified foods, water filters, clean cook stoves, and solar lights. Living Goods seeks nothing less than a reinvention of distribution in emerging markets, through networks of franchised micro-entrepreneurs who leverage Living Goods’ brand, buying power and mobile marketing tools to deliver vital products at accessible prices to the people who need them most. By combining the best practices from the worlds of micro-enterprise, franchising and public health, Living Goods is creating a sustainable system to improve the health and wealth, of underserved communities.
Living Goods has been featured in The New York Times, NBC News, The Economist, and *The Huffington Post.*Check out these articles and more on our press page.
Life at Living Goods
Living Goods is aiming to dramatically improve the lives of underserved communities. We think big, but we operate small and nimble. At Living Goods, you will have the chance to use your creativity and work with your teammates to conceive and test new ideas every day. If you work well in a dynamic, highly collaborative culture, if you set high standards for yourself and your colleagues, if you know how to fail fast and learn fast, if you meet challenges with calm determination and a sense of humor, you will thrive at Living Goods. See www.livinggoods.org/principles.
For more information about Living Goods, please visit:
Follow us @Living_Goods
How to apply:
To apply for this position please visit our career page and apply for Partnerships Manager/Associate-Myanmar through our applicant tracking system.