Closing date: 14 Aug 2016
Sightsavers has an exciting vacancy for a Finance & Support Services Manager (FSSM) who will join the team in our Zambia country office and be responsible for the day to day financial management and support services.
The FSSM will monitor the country resources and identify risk or issues to the Country Director. You will develop or propose solutions to financial or support related problems and ensure consistency especially within financial management.
This is an integral role within the Country office to ensure the programmes are fully supported where you will have excellent project management experience along with the ability to work with partners and manage budgets and grants efficiently. You will lead in logistics management to ensure procurement of supplies is delivered on time and you must have excellent administrative skills to fill this role.
The candidate should have relevant professional accounting qualifications (CPA/ACCA) or a degree in finance/accounting and can demonstrate experience of working within a similar role. Experience of working for an International Non-Government Organisation (INGO) is preferable.. Excellent communication skills is essential along with strong IT skills.
Purpose of the role:
The Finance and Support Services Manager (FSSM) is responsible for monitoring the country resource management and will identify risks or issues to the Country Director. They may develop or propose solutions to financial or support related problems and will assess consistency and quality of financial management in collaboration with colleagues.
· Ensure competent financial management and risk mitigation by ensuring compliance with local regulations and adhering to the organisational Financial Framework with specific respect to implementation of: financial management and controls; financial planning and budgeting; financial monitoring and audits; monitoring and retaining accurate financial records.
· Lead in support services to the country office through managing logistics of procurement of supplies, delivering or overseeing administrative functions i.e. payroll and ensuring IT equipment functions effectively all in line with organisational policies and procedures.
· Work collaboratively with programme and finance teams to support and strengthen the financial management, accountability and capacity building of partners.
· Support finance and programme teams with joint review of programme/project reports, planning and analysis
· Support proper financial and resource management of programmes with the joint review of project planning and monitoring reports, auditing of funds provided, analysis of programme delivery and grant management reporting.
Qualifications and experience:
· Holder of a bachelor’s degree in the field of Finance/Accounting. Additional other relevant professional accounting qualification (i.e. CPA/ ACCA) would also be advantageous. Minimum of 8 years working experience ideally in an INGO environment but experience of audit and government organisations would also be advantageous
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in financial management, programme/project management and administration
· Demonstrated project financial management, budget and data analysis skills. Experience in management of funds from major donors would also be advantageous.
· Excellent communication skills (both oral & written) and IT skills.
· Ability to work with minimum supervision
This is not an exhaustive list but an outline of the key responsibilities of the role
How to apply:
To apply, and for further details about the role, please download an application pack from http://www.sightsavers.org/vacancies
As an equal opportunities employer we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.