Organization: Palladium International
Closing date: 14 Oct 2016
Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations. Palladium is built on the idea that progress will be supported by four key pillars:
- International Development
- Strategy Execution Consulting
- Impact Investment
- Training and Events
We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2000 employees operating in over 90 countries.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
The CDC-funded Data Warehouse for HIV/AIDS Policy and Program Decision-making in Zambia under PEPFAR will continue to support progress made towards sustainable control of the HIV/AIDS epidemic in Zambia through planning and development of a national health information system that will integrate health data from all existing, diverse data sources into a central data warehouse; and provide a secure environment for all authorized users to extract consolidated public health data.
- Translate user requirements into technical design specifications.
- Develop routines to ‘anonymize’ on upload and ‘de-anonymize’ on download of patient level data.
- Develop data extraction, transformation and loading routines between homogenous and heterogeneous systems.
- Support the development of data repository standards and SOPs on uploading, storage and extraction of data.
- Carry out performance tuning of database issues associated with maintaining and enhancing large data repository.
- Provide technical inputs for user manuals and technical documentation of the data warehouse.
- Support the Data Warehouse Technical Advisor with the development of a national data warehouse.
Other responsibilities as assigned.
B.S. degree in technical discipline (Comp. Science, IT, Engineering).
Knowledge of database design / structure for large scale organization.
Demonstrated experience with database optimization, queries, ETL processes, and data transfer.
2+ years in general database development using MSSQL up through SQL 2008.
Software expertise with: health information exchange standards including DICOM. HL7 SDMX-HD, ICD, LOINC, SNMOED and DXF.
Highly proficient in use of T-SQL for developing complex SQL queries, Stored Procedures, Triggers, User defined functions, SQL joins.
1-2 Years C#/VB .Net in an enterprise environment.
1-2 years ETL experience using tools such as DTS, SSIS or any other BI toolset.( Oracle Warehouse Builder, Pentaho Kettle, etc.)
Experience in Source Code Management TFS, GitHub.
Familiar with data import / export to / from various formats.
Advanced level of performance tuning , reading query plans, tuning indexes and troubleshooting performance bottlenecks.
Knowledge of existing Health Information Systems in Zambia.
Analytical skills are required to conceptualize the development of IT architectures and frameworks.
Zambian residency required.
For more information on our company, please review our website: www.thepalladiumgroup.com
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=amFuZXQuZ3JhYmVyLjIwNzM3LjM4MzBAcGFsbGFkaXVtLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ