Organization: Social Impact
Closing date: 31 Dec 2016
Operations/Logistics Coordinator, Zambia Evaluate for Improved Impact, Zambia
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
SI is preparing a proposal for an upcoming USAID-funded monitoring and evaluation activity in Zambia focused on the health sector. The purpose of the activity is to provide the USAID/Zambia Health Office, implementing partners, local partners, and the Government of Zambia stakeholders with improved data systems and utilization.
SI is seeking Logistics/Operations Assistant that will be responsible for onboarding field office staff and supporting the team in managing the overall complex operations of the program. The assistant will work closely with field office staff to ensure compliance smooth and efficient management of the project office. This position will be full-time and based in Zambia.
Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Zambian citizenship will be considered.**
· Provide support for logistics and security for office and SI team.
· Oversee drivers and fleet, ensures vehicles are available as needed, and maintains a log of each trip made my company vehicles.
· Maintain office security procedures and protocol, oversees visitor log; tracks travelling staff and enforces office travel policy.
· Oversee office maintenance and supplies, liaises with IT team for fixing space and providing help desk support.
· Support visa, hotel and ground transportation logistics for consultants, as needed.
· Support Finance and Administration Manager with daily administrative points.
· Serve as the administrator for petty cash; work with finance team to conduct reconciliations and spot checks.
· Prepare routine daily financial transactions and gather supporting documentation.
· Review and reconcile consultant and vendor invoices.
· Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in business administration or other related field required.
· Minimum three years of experience in related field required.
· Demonstrated ability to understand and implement pertinent company and client policies and procedures clearly and accurately.
· Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, co-workers, business professionals, and the general public.
· Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality in day-to-day work.
· Computer skills including use of PowerPoint and Excel Microsoft Office programs.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
How to apply: