Closing date: 31 Aug 2017
Jhpiego seeks a Finance and Administration Manager to provide financial and administrative management for an upcoming Centers for Disease Control (CDC)-funded HIV Testing Services (HTS) project in Zambia. The project aims to ensure that individuals, couples and families (including children) get tested and know their HIV status and are linked to appropriate clinical services based on their test results. This program will target high-risk, undiagnosed persons including men aged 25-40, adolescent girls and young women (AGYW), partners of people living with HIV (PLHIV), sex workers (SWs), and men who have sex with men (MSM). The project will operate over a five-year period.
The Manager will provide financial and administrative management, overseeing all financial, contractual, information technology, human resources, and procurement aspects for the upcoming CDC program. S/he will ensure that the financial reports are compatible with standard accounting practices and follow Jhpiego and CDC rules and regulations.
This position is contingent upon award from CDC. Zambian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Accounting or relevant field and eight years of finance and administrative experience
- At least 8 years of experience with financial analysis, financial reporting, cash flow analysis, budget development and forecasting, preferably on international health projects
- At least 8 years providing financial planning and management, human resources and procurement for projects in Zambia
- At least 8 or more years of senior-level work experience with CDC or other donor-funded projects
- Previous direct supervisory experience of professional and support staff
- Knowledge of USG cost principles, including CDC regulations, GAAP accounting rules and grants contract management
- Demonstrated experience organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Subcontract or sub-agreement financial management experience
- Knowledge of financing mechanisms – contracts and grants and their relevant terms and conditions
- Experience developing and/or implementing finance and accounting policies, procedures and systems
Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills in English
Experience hiring and supervising personnel
Excellent diplomacy skills and a proven ability to establish and maintain interpersonal and professional relationships with the CDC, host-country counterparts and representatives from other key stakeholders such as NGOs, CSOs, and the private sector
Excellent skills in facilitation, team building, and coordination
Ability to coach, mentor and develop financial and administrative capacity of project staff
In depth knowledge financial software applications, databases and spreadsheets, including QuickBooks Enterprise, and Microsoft Office
Ability to travel nationally to project sites
How to apply: