Organization: Population Services International
Closing date: 11 Aug 2017
Job title: Chief of Party – SARAI
Department: Southern Africa
Based in Lusaka, Zambia
Reports to the Deputy Country Representative
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
Society for Family Health (SFH) is recruiting for the position of Chief of Party (COP) – Sexual and Reproductive Health for All Initiative (SARAI), a Family Planning Project, to be based in Lusaka at Head Office. The Chief of Party will supervise and manage implementation of this USAID-funded project across 3 provinces and 15 districts of Zambia. The purpose of the project is to increase the modem contraceptive prevalence rate in all women of reproductive age group in target provinces through increased access to and improved quality of family planning (FP) services in targeted sites. Further; the project helps the Ministry of Health (MOH) play a leadership role in developing a strengthened, community-based family planning service delivery system. The COP will represent the project and coordinate with all cooperating organisations and be the point of contact to the donor for all purposes of this project. This position will report directly to the Deputy Country Representative and contingent on USAID approval.
Sound like you? Read on.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all donor requirements for the program implementation, including effective utilization of the budgets and ensure project deliverables are achieved.
- Manage a team of Program Managers/Officers and Technical Advisors in different areas of expertise, ensuring they get the support needed for maintaining high quality implementation of the project, as well as meeting deliverables and building capacity as required.
- Develop and maintain strong relations with key stakeholders including government, particularly the Health Sector, donors, and partners, coordinating regularly with them on project updates and results and attending relevant technical working groups and conferences as required.
- Work closely and effectively with Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Team, providing accurate and timely information to support the evaluation of the project.
- Manage a strong and positive relationship with the implementing partners in the consortium and ensure accurate reporting, both programmatic and financial.
- Ensure project reports submitted to donors and other stakeholders are accurate, complete and on time.
- Ensure the effective use and coordination of donor resources and the compliance of the financial systems and controls with relevant donor standards.
What are we looking for?
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree/PhD in Public Health or related field from an accredited University.
- S/he must have at least 7 years of project management experience of public health projects.
- S/he must have at least 5 years’ experience in a senior level of a management
- Experience and skills in financial management and performance monitoring are essential.
- Strong background in research/M&E and experience in implementing pilot projects is critical.
- Experience in implementing donor funded programmers, in a managerial position as well as Chief of Party or equivalent.
- Experience in social franchising, social marketing as well as behavioral change preferred.
- Proven record of excellent management, leadership, decision making and Interpersonal skills.
- Ability to represent SFH at the highest levels of government and partner organization.
- Proven record of working with large and diverse teams.
- Broad technical understanding of public health, particularly, maternal and child health.
- A strong background in maternal and child health, family planning and reproductive health programming.
- S/he must be Zambian, fluent in English and must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of his/her ability to foster collaboration with the Government of the Republic of Zambia and other donor funded
Other skills and attributes
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Analytical skills
- Coaching/mentoring skills
- Training and facilitation skills
- Change management skills
- Problem solving
- Negotiation skills
- Strategic management skills
- Team leadership skills
- Ability to develop long-term strategic plans for the project and further developing operational short and medium-term plans
- Honesty and Integrity
- Maintains confidentiality
PLEASE EMAIL APPLICATION AND CV TO: firstname.lastname@example.org or The Director – Human Resources, Society for Family Health, Plot No. 549, Ituna Road, P.O Box 50770, Lusaka – Clearly indicate “**Chief of Party – SARAI**” Closing Date: 11th August 2017.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
How to apply: