Organization: Creative Associates International
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017
The Chief of Party (COP) is the leader of the entire project team, responsible for overall implementation, results, and management. He/she is the team’s interlocutor with USAID and is responsible for establishing and maintaining constructive relations with counterparts across Zambia. The COP is the final implementing team authority on management issues including staff, logistics, financial accounting and security.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Chief of Party will report to Creative’s Home Office Project Director.
- Technical direction, managerial support and fiscal oversight of assigned projects;
- Technical leadership and management of the Zambia project;
- Dynamic representation of Creative before clients and critical audiences; and
- Supervision and nurturing of staff in the field and the corporate office.
- Provide overall management and leadership of technical, administrative, and operational aspects of the project;
- Serve as primary liaison with USAID on management and technical work;
- Foster and maintain collaborative relationships with Zambian government officials, and senior-level national and county-level government officials;
- Lead coordination with USAID, key stakeholders, and other implementing partners; and
- Manage and supervise the work of project personnel and subcontractors.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- At least a Masters’ degree in business, economics, public health, or other relevant field;
- Minimum 10 years of experience implementing workforce development, agricultural development or entrepreneurship projects in developing countries, of which five years was overseas in a senior leadership capacity. Experience serving youth-focused health and/or vulnerable youth populations highly preferred.
- Experience working collaboratively with host country governments and the local private sector, and coordinating activities with those of other donors;
- Experience in project design and implementation, including financial management experience, such as budgeting; tracking, reporting and accounting; and procurement;
- Experience managing projects and/or an office with culturally diverse teams and working with counterparts from other cultures;
- Prior experience in Zambia or Sub-Saharan Africa is preferred; and
- Excellent oral and written English required.
How to apply:
Please apply on company website: https://rew21.ultipro.com/CRE1010/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*6982BBDD508D2975