Organization: Social Impact
Closing date: 31 Dec 2017
Director of Finance and Administration, USAID/ Zambia Learning and Evaluation
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is preparing a proposal for the upcoming learning and evaluation program in Zambia. The anticipated program will aim to provide both outcome and impact measures for an implementation program that will include population wide changes in nutritional status of children under two years of age. This is anticipated to be a seven-year long activity.
SI is seeking a Director of Finance and Administration to oversee financial management, procurement, logistical, human resources, recruitment and administrative support to the project team, and ensure activities are carried out in a manner consistent with the objectives of the project, and in compliance with USAID regulations and SI policies and procedures. This position will be full-time and based in Lusaka, Zambia.
****Please note: This is a local only position. Only candidates with Zambian citizenship will be considered. **
· Manage and oversee project finance, procurement, logistics, human resources/recruitment and administration.
· Ensure compliance with contractual obligations and deliverables in line with USAID regulations and SI policies and procedures.
· Establish and implement procedures for project financial management, procurement, sub-contracts, and consultant contracts to ensure transparency and good business practices.
· Work with the Chief of Party to ensure that financial management and reporting is in compliance with USAID requirements.
· Manage project start-up and support initial work planning process, oversee project close out activities and protocols.
· Establish procedures for financial operations, banking, and reporting.
· Develop monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field required; Advanced degree preferred.
· At least eight years of financial management, administration and procurement with USAID-funded projects.
· Knowledge of USAID financial and contractual rules and regulations, including AIDAR and the FAR.
· Proven ability to manage and monitor diverse staff and subcontractors.
· Must have high proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and QuickBooks.
· Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Ability to organize, manage, prioritize, and follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
· Proven capacity to take initiative and willingness to learn new skills as needed.
· Strong work ethic and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
How to apply: