Organization: Social Impact
Closing date: 31 Dec 2017
Senior Learning Specialist, USAID/ Zambia Learning and Evaluation
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is preparing a proposal for an upcoming learning and evaluation program in Zambia. The anticipated program will aim to provide both outcome and impact measures for an implementation program that will include population wide changes in nutritional status of children under two years of age. This is anticipated to be a seven-year long activity.
SI is seeking a Senior Learning Specialist to support technical oversight of all learning activities. This position will be full-time and based in Lusaka, Zambia.
****Please note: This is a local only position. Only candidates with Zambian citizenship will be considered. **
· Facilitate strong collaboration, learning and adapting practices, including techniques for gathering, organizing, disseminating and applying knowledge throughout the partner activity implementation.
· Work with stakeholders to develop a comprehensive plan that outlines key learning and knowledge management questions, stakeholders and their roles, broad stakeholder engagement, and information needs for decision-making at multiple levels.
· Spearhead the design and implementation of institutional learning activities.
· Assist key stakeholders in adopting and strengthening systems and processes that foster learning and knowledge-sharing, and inform future programming.
· Foster strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, serve as a convener for dialogue and learning around emerging issues, and coordinate efforts among stakeholders.
· Advanced degree in social sciences, MEL services, business management or other related disciplines required.
· At least eight years of international experience in applying evaluation and assessment findings, performance data and other evidence to adaption of existing and design of new USAID projects.
· Significant experience facilitate data use for adaptive management, including facilitating learning events.
· Demonstrated experience developing performance indicators across multiple sectors and for cross-cutting areas.
· Previous experience working closely with local government partners across all levels to accomplish project objectives.
· Previous experience working in health or nutrition programming in Zambia, ideally with population-based surveys.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate with other USG or donor-funded projects.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls. erred.<
How to apply: