Organization: Social Impact
Closing date: 31 Dec 2017
Chief of Party, USAID/ Zambia Learning and Evaluation
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is preparing a proposal for an upcoming learning and evaluation program in Zambia. The anticipated program will aim to provide both outcome and impact measures for an implementation program that will include population wide changes in nutritional status of children under two years of age. This is anticipated to be a seven-year long activity.
Social Impact (SI) is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) to coordinate all components of the L&E activity, looking specifically at the implementation project. The COP will lead a team of evaluators and oversee the team in gathering data, generating conclusions, and facilitating the utilization of evidence in decision-making. He or she will be responsible for communicating with USAID stakeholders, including technical assistance implementers, and presenting findings to relevant parties. The activity will take place in Zambia.
· Oversee overall project management, quality and timeliness of deliverables, external representation, and overall coordination with USAID/Zambia and technical assistance implementing partner.
· Guide senior technical staff and subcontractors, as needed, to ensure program responsiveness and quality of work along with efficient use of resources and achievement of results.
· Lead the overall technical and financial performance of the contract, including program planning, budgeting, and monitoring and evaluation.
· Oversee creation and implementation of project monitoring and evaluation activities, and the development and implementation of work plans.
· Provide vision and strategic direction for the program.
· Develop and implement work plans for project activities.
· Master’s degree or higher in the field of international development, nutrition science, public health, public policy, monitoring and evaluation, or a similar relevant field required.
· At least 12 years of progressively responsible experience in program management on MEL-focused programming, including population-based surveys as well as supervising teams and subcontractors.
· Experience in Zambia or the Southern Africa region strongly preferred.
· Strong analytical and report writing skills and task management.
· Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
How to apply: