Organization: ORBIS International
Closing date: 11 Nov 2017
As a member of the Orbis Finance Team, the Sr. Regional Finance Manager, provides financial guidance, training and technical support to Africa country offices. S/He will also provide finance related guidance and support to non-Finance staff in various Orbis offices as needed. Their support will include but not limited to the development and implementation of a meaningful compliance plan; providing support for improving Orbis and donor budgeting and reporting, reviewing monthly balance sheet reconciliations and supporting schedules; providing internal control recommendations, and reviewing the level of compliance with Orbis and donor policies. S/He will provide direct support to country offices for the preparation of organizational and donor budgets, donor financial reports, financial analysis, and management reports. This position is based in Africa and will serve as Finance Liaison for Orbis Africa country offices.
REPORTING & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The Sr. Regional Finance Manager reports to the Director, Financial Analysis & Program Finance. S/He works closely with Finance colleagues in the New York headquarters, Country Directors and colleagues in the Africa country offices, and liaises with the Program staff in New York.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
· Provide adequate guidance and support to the Africa country offices for a timely monthly closing processes, and submission of accurate and complete monthly financial reports along with supporting schedules and reconciliations to New York Finance. Ensure timely review and submission of monthly project variance analysis to the Director, Financial Analysis & Program Finance. Review bank and general ledger account reconciliations for Africa country offices monthly.
· Perform reviews of supporting documents from selected financial transactions to determine if disbursements are made as per Orbis disbursement policies and guidelines and in compliance with donor rules and regulations. Develop and implement corrective action for areas of non-compliance with donor or Orbis policies.
· Provide support to Africa country offices during internal and external audits and work closely with the Country Director for the preparation of internal and external audit corrective actions plans.
· Actively participate in the development and implementation of a compliance plan for Orbis International.
· Guide Africa country offices during preparation of organizational budgets and review budget submissions from Africa country offices for the Director, Financial Analysis and Program Finance.
· Perform interviews and technical evaluations during the recruitment of country office Finance Managers.
· Train the Africa country office staff on preparation of donor proposal budgets and donor reporting. Review all draft donor financial reports prior to submission.
· Provide guidance and support to the country offices in the preparation of monthly variance analysis.
· Review existing policies at the country office level and determine compliance with Orbis policies, donor regulations and statutory requirements. Make recommendations for policy update when necessary. Provide support for updating country specific policies in the areas of finance and procurement as needed.
· Serves as back-up Finance Manager in the Africa country offices during vacancies and provide finance orientation to newly hired Finance Managers.
· Create various financial reports for non-finance users – Develop various reports within MIP for distribution to finance and non-finance users; create and update various pivot tables and variance analysis by cost center, funding source codes, projects and partners for the country offices.
· Perform partner audits as needed and provide support during the internal and external audits.
· Provide MIP training and handle additional training, budgeting, accounting & financial reporting tasks as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 8 to 10 years of experience in the areas of finance and accounting required, auditing skills preferred.
· Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with general accounting and internal controls required. Demonstrated knowledge of advanced computer skills including advanced Excel functions and PowerPoint preferred. Familiarity with various online communication tools preferred.
· Working experience with International NGOs for a minimum of 6 years required, experience working in Africa required.
· Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and fast learning ability highly preferred.
· Experience using an accounting software required, experience with fund accounting software preferred.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Ability to work independently, self-driven with a strong sense of responsibility. Strong analytical skills and solid understanding of US GAAP.
· Effective interpersonal and (verbal & written) communication skills; the ability to successfully interact with colleagues on different professional levels and cultural backgrounds.
· Excellent organizational skills and a keen attention to detail; ability to effectively multi-task and manage detail-oriented responsibilities with the appropriate sense of urgency and follow tasks through to completion
· A team player with good interpersonal skills. Highly motivated and the ability to work productively in a team as well as independently
· Strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
· Ability to work under tight schedules
· Good in both verbal and written English
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint & Access) with advanced MS-Excel skills, Windows v8 or v10, and the Internet
· Training and capacity building skill
· Familiarity with various donors rules/compliance and regulations.
· Willing to travel 50% to 70% of the time to Ethiopia, South Africa, and Zambia.
To learn more about Orbis, go to http://www.orbis.org
Orbis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a global organization, we welcome qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds and cultures who reflect the five Orbis values of Trust, Caring, Commitment, Accountability, and Excellence.
How to apply:
To apply, please click here