Organization: RTI International
Closing date: 30 Nov 2017
Scope of Work:
RTI International is seeking a Senior Research Advisor for the anticipated USAID/Zambia- Evidence for Health activity. The objective of the activity is to strengthen the Government of Republic of Zambia (GRZ) national Health Management Information System (HMIS), improve monitoring, evaluation, and research capacities within key government and non-governmental partners, and expand the evidence base for existing approaches to health programming in malaria, nutrition, family planning, maternal and child health, and HIV. This position is contingent upon award and funding.
The Research Senior Advisor will contribute to building the evidence base for health programming in malaria, nutrition, family planning, maternal and child health, and HIV. The Senior Advisor will oversee activities such as operations research, special studies, assessments, and big data analyses and will provide technical assistance to the development of Zambian research institutions and junior Zambian researchers.
· Provides technical leadership, advice, and utilizes the best available methods to assess and evaluate innovations in all the technical areas.
· Supports efforts to build field capacity in monitoring and evaluation, and develops and strengthens evidence based data methodologies, collection, interpretation for decision-making and protocols;
· Conducts evaluations, assessments, comparative analyses, and other related tasks in support of project reporting needs;
· Provides technical support to the USAID/Zambia Health Office and to the GRZ MoH.
· Works with Zambian institutions to improve recruitment, training, productivity, and performance management of human resources and research activities.
· Establish and maintain routine monitoring and reporting systems to support program implementation with data-based program decision-making.
· Mentors and supervise staff, as required.
· Plays a key role in defining, developing, and assessing the capacity building of Zambian researchers and institutions through capacity development plans, research symposia, and a competitive fund for researchers.
· Contributes to qualitative and quantitative operations research projects on target populations to ensure scientific stature, data quality and accuracy, and dissemination of results to stakeholders; disseminate findings to use for decision making and build the international evidence base malaria, nutrition, family planning, maternal and child health, and HIV programs;
· Builds the capacity of a local research institution to conduct assessments and evaluations.
· Other duties as assigned.
How to apply:
To apply, please apply directly to the link in RTI Career’s website link: https://rtiint.referrals.selectminds.com/international/jobs/senior-research-advisor-1441