Closing date: 15 Dec 2017
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Pact strives for a world where all people are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact employees embrace the following core values as representatives of the institution:
· all people have a right to participate in decisions affecting their lives
· gender equity is mandatory for social transformation
· resources are allocated in a transparent manner, guided by accountability to our clients and Pact’s role as steward of resources intended for the poor
· diversity in background, gender and age strengthen our capacity to be wise managers of public and private funds
· teamwork and collaboration shape our day-to-day working relationships
· innovation and risk taking to achieve impact and broad scaleable results drive strategic priorities
· gathering and sharing information are primary roles for all employees
· staff growth and advancement are a priority, including training and professional skills building to increase knowledge and competence and to stay abreast of new developments, especially in technology
· a healthy balance between work and life outside of work must be maintained for work satisfaction and fulfillment
The Grants and Contracts Manager is directly responsible to and supervised by the Deputy Chief of Party, Pact Zambia. The Grants & Contracts Manager provides high-level grants and contracts management and administration to achieve project goals, working with partner organizations of all levels. S/he provides overall leadership and oversight for all aspects related to management of sub-grants, subcontracts, and procurements. This requires close collaboration with Pact HQ to ensure compliance with Pact and USAID guidelines. The Grants and Contracts Manager supervises all staff with grants and procurement functions. S/he reports to the Deputy Chief of Party.
Key Performance Areas:
· Grants Administration
· Grantee Capacity Building and Support
Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
How to apply:
Please apply at http://pactworld.force.com/careers/VanaHCM__Job_Detail?Id=a33f1000001JjY5