Organization: Catholic Medical Mission Board
Country: Haiti, Kenya, Peru, South Sudan, Zambia
Closing date: 26 Jan 2018
CMMB is seeking nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and midwives, 21 years of age and over, who can serve for a minimum of six months.
Nursing specialties most needed:
General Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities will be customized based on the specific needs of the hospital or clinic:
· Consult and coordinate with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
· Teach to patients and families about topics such as: health education, disease prevention, childbirth and develop health improvement programs.
· Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances.
· Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
· Perform physical examinations, make tentative diagnoses.
· Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient care, including patient transfer, discharge, referral and spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
· Participate in training and instruction of students, auxiliary workers and community members.
· Other duties as requested by supervisor and/or CMMB staff.
· Must be 21 years old.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school of Nursing.
· Valid Registered Nurse License.
· Capacity to administer treatment to patients while dealing with them in a sympathetic and tactful manner.
· Ability to recognize and interpret symptoms.
· Ability and willingness to provide guidance to other nurses on staff.
· Knowledge of professional and ethical standard of health care delivery and practice.
· Ability to be flexible and prioritize projects and tasks effectively; self-starter; takes initiative.
· Problem solver, able to identify needs, and develop solutions.
· Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
· Familiarity and interest in global health issues, especially maternal and child health issues.
· Willingness to endure resource-limited working conditions and evening/weekend hours.
· Proficiency in English; strong communication skills.
· Spanish fluency required in Peru.
· French or Creole required for Haiti.
How to apply:
Apply online at https://cmmb.org/volunteer-interest-form/.