Organization: Catholic Medical Mission Board
Country: Haiti, Kenya, Peru, South Sudan, Zambia
Closing date: 26 Jan 2018
Everyone has a story.
Not everyone is lucky enough to have their story heard.
The role of the story gatherer and teller in the field is a key role for our organization. It gives voice to the too often voiceless. It gives people the chance to have their stories heard. These stories are the most important for our community. It allows gives our donors, partners, and friends the chance to see how far their generosity travels and the very real impact it is having for women and children in the communities that we serve. The stories you will gather will also help to highlight the work that still needs to be done. They will include stories of tragedy and loss, as well as hope and possibility.
The story gatherer will forage for stories. Sometimes they will be easy to find and other times they will reveal themselves in the most unlikely of places. It is about knowing where and how to look. But first and most importantly, it means knowing how to LISTEN. The key to any good story teller is his/her ability to listen to another person’s story.
Gathering & Telling Stories: In words, pictures, and video. This may include blogging, storytelling, capturing photos and videos etc. Your role will including:
· Acting as our “in-field reporter” collecting compelling stories about our beneficiaries, programs and projects, staff, and volunteers
· Managing field programs content development for integrated fundraising/marketing campaigns and communications channels
· Researching and preparing questions, and conducting interviews with beneficiaries, partners, staff, and volunteers
· Collecting stories that will be shared on our website, emails, quarterly and annual reports, e-newsletters, press releases, and social media, to help get the stories of the beneficiaries to our growing community. These stories will also help to increase CMMB’s visibility and fundraising
· Taking photos and videos
· Processing, organizing, and archiving country office media library and sharing this content with the New York office (using Flickr, Wetransfer, or Dropbox)
o appropriately tagging with key information (e.g. name, ages, context, situation, services CMMB is providing, etc) and sharing with headquarters
· Develop local capacity in country offices and field teams to train on storytelling, photography and videography.
· Other general support with marketing operations for field office and working closely with headquarters
· Other duties and special projects as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree, tertiary degree or higher in relevant fields – marketing, communications, journalism, photography, videography.
· Preference for one year of experience in content production, communications, marketing, PR or strategy
· Commitment to CMMB’s mission, vision and values
· Ability to work collaboratively and professionally while navigating cultural and language barriers
· Capacity to solve problems, able to identify needs, and develop solutions
· Knowledge of professional and ethical standards
· Ability and willingness to provide and receive guidance and feedback to/from staff members
· Familiar and interested in global health issues, especially maternal and child health
· Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
· Computer skills in Word, Excel, and other Microsoft Office tools etc.
· Skills and experience with WordPress, and Photoshop
· Willingness to endure resource-limited working conditions and working some evenings/weekends
· Proficiency in English; strong communication skills
· Spanish fluency required in Peru
· French or Creole required for Haiti -font-family:Ca4
How to apply:
Apply online at https://cmmb.org/volunteer-interest-form/.