Organization: RTI International
Closing date: 31 Dec 2017
RTI International is seeking a Director of Finance and Administration for the anticipated USAID/Zambia-
Evidence for Health activity. The objective of the activity is to strengthen the Government of Republic of Zambia (GRZ) national Health Management Information System (HMIS), improve monitoring, evaluation, and research capacities within key government and non-governmental partners, and expand the evidence base for existing approaches to health programming in malaria, nutrition, family planning, maternal and child health, and HIV. This position is contingent upon award and funding.
The Director of Finance and Administration will oversee financial operations and tasks, such as accounting, procurement, etc. according to USAID and USG procedures, rules, and regulations. The Director of Finance and Administration will supervise the accounting team to coordinate reporting activities.
· Manages all financial and administration aspects of the project and ensures compliance with RTI and USG financial and accounting policies and procedures and procurement integrity.
· Oversees preparation and submission of monthly financial statements (including expenses, receivable and payables).
· Ensures timely submission of expense reports, bank reconciliations and wire transfer requests to corporate headquarters in the US.
· Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual expenditures and prepare pipeline estimates for the project.
· Prepares biweekly cash requirements; monitor cash flow and reconcile cash accounts in order to maintain appropriate cash balances.
· Oversees human resource management, procurement, payroll administration to the project.
· Ensures appropriate systems and cost effective, timely procedures such as cash management, vendor payments, and budgeting are in place to properly disburse, account, budget and report funds and have the proper internal controls.
· Provides technical assistance as required to build financial management capacity of local partners and grantees.
· Reviews technical and financial proposals from local NGOs including negotiating annual budgets, and reviews grantee financial expenditure reports for accuracy and adherence to the SOW and budget.
· Implements and monitors cost effective and efficient systems and procedures.
· Supervises administrative and financial support team members.
· Other duties as assigned.
· A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in areas of finance, economics, business or related areas.
· At least 9+ years of experience in international donor-funded financial, procurement, and administrative duties.
· Minimum of 3 years of experience supervising a finance team.
· Significant experience with USG- or USAID-funded activities or other internationally funded activities. Knowledge of USAID administrative, management and reporting procedures and systems along with strategic program planning, management, supervision, and budgeting expertise.
· A minimum of 5 years of senior-level responsibility for administration and finance managing programs of similar size.
· Proven expertise in finance, accounting and auditing, monitoring of grant compliance and management and the establishment of internal controls;
· Excellent track record of good interpersonal, supervision, leadership and managerial skills;
· Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
· Previous working experience in Zambia and/or similar regions highly preferred.
· Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Access plus working knowledge of accounting and procurement software (particularly QuickBooks) is preferable;
· Prior experience managing a team of highly-successful staff working in multiple locations/field offices
· Ability to multi-task, lead his team as well as be a team player with effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated ability in meeting deadlines while producing high quality, accuracy, efficiency and effectiveness.
· Results-oriented and team player and ability to follow guidelines and controls required of the position;
TO APPLY: Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible directly to RTI’s website, link provided below. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. This position is contingent upon award and funding. RTI is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
How to apply: