Closing date: 05 Dec 2017
Chemonics is seeking a chief of party for the anticipated five- to seven-year, $65- to $75-million USAID Scaling Up Nutrition Technical Assistance (SUN TA) Activity in Zambia. The project will support integrated nutrition; agriculture; and water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH), collaborating with the Ministries of Agriculture, Health, Community Development, and Education. It will assist the Zambian government in reducing stunting and foster social and behavior change in targeted districts across several provinces. SUN TA aims to increase access to water and sanitation, improve the productivity and capacity of high-value, nutrient-rich value chains, and increase household knowledge and support for new eating and child feeding habits. Specifically, the project will focus on adequate quantity and quality of dietary intake and adequate health conditions for biological utilization of nutrients. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people in their communities and around the world.
- Provide overall technical vision, leadership, and project management, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors and a focus on achieving results
- Serve as the project’s primary liaison with USAID/Zambia, the National Food and Nutrition Commission, and all other counterparts and implementing partners on day-to-day implementation and technical matters
- Ensure that all assistance is technically sound and appropriate and reflects the project’s strategic long-term vision
- Supervise technical and administrative staff
- Oversee work planning, performance management, and strategic communications
- Master’s degree or higher in public health, social sciences, business administration, or agricultural economics
- Minimum 15 years of progressively responsible experience managing and implementing USAID or other donor-funded nutrition, WASH, agriculture, social and behavior change communications, or public health programs
- Experience managing large, complex donor projects, particularly USAID-funded contracts, as chief of party, deputy chief of party, or senior technical advisor
- Proven success collaborating with diverse stakeholders including local governments, community leaders, donor officials, NGOs, and U.S. government partners
- Experience in technical implementation and project management in Zambia or Southern Africa
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills in English
How to apply:
Please click on this link www.goo.gl/hXZMWT and complete the online application by December 5, 2017. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. To learn more about Chemonics, please visit www.chemonics.com.