Organization: Panagora Group
Closing date: 28 Jan 2018
Project Director – Zambia
Panagora Group, a woman-owned small business specializing in global health and international development, seeks a Project Director for an anticipated USAID-funded learning and evaluation project in Zambia for the Scaling Up Nutrition (SUN) program. Applicants are required to have experience working with USAID. This is a full-time position located in Zambia.
Responsibilities of the Project Director will include:
· Overall leadership management and general technical direction of the project, ensuring an integrated understanding among different components and actors
· High-level technical oversight of all learning, evaluation, and data activities, translating relevant information into SUN program improvements
· Overseeing and contributing to the project’s learning agenda and collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) activities, including focused studies for experimental and operational research and cost-benefit analysis
· Ensuring high quality deliverables, and relevant and timely reporting
· Participating and engaging in technical meetings and dissemination events, maintaining positive relationships with key mission, government and private-sector partners
· At least 15 years of experience in international development preferred, including experience and/or technical knowledge in designing, managing, and evaluating multi-million-dollar development projects
· Ability to build, manage and motivate teams to achieve learning and results, including experience supervising long-term field staff and short-term U.S., third country, and local experts
· Detailed knowledge of USAID programming, administrative, financial management, and/or acquisitions and assistance policies and procedures
· A graduate degree in international development or related technical field; a research-focused degree highly desired
· Excellent English writing and communication skills are required
· Prior experience working in Zambia strongly preferred
How to apply:
To apply, please submit a CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices.