Organization: Social Impact
Closing date: 02 Feb 2018
Strategic Information Expert, USAID/Zambia Scaling Up Nutrition Learning and Evaluation
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
Social Impact is pursuing the USAID/Zambia Scaling Up Nutrition (SUN) Learning and Evaluation contract. The SUN Program is a cross-ministry and multi-donor program to reduce stunting in Zambia through implementation of the Government of Republic of Zambia 1,000 Most Critical Days Program. The next phase, SUN 2.0 has three major components, a pooled multi-donor funded managed by DFID, the SUN technical assistance, and SUN learning and evaluation. The activity will work across the SUN 2.0 to collaboratively identify, design, and test cutting-edge solutions to more effectively understand and measure activity outcomes and impacts that accelerate achievement of the Zambian Government’s and Cooperating Partner’s joint development goal to reduce stunting. While this activity will provide important benchmarks of success for SUN TA, the primary purpose of SUN LE is to be the learning and evaluation arm of the entire SUN program and to work across stakeholders to develop and execute a highly-focused learning agenda around stunting in Zambia.
SI is seeking a full-time Strategic Information Expert, who will report directly to the project director. They will provide expert level oversight and quality control for data collection and research carried out under SUN LE. The position will be responsible for sectoral leadership. This position will last the duration of the project, and be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
· Advanced degree in nutrition science, international development, public health, or a related field required.
· Demonstrated expertise in research and large-scale data collection design and management.
· Demonstrated progressive experience in providing technical expertise to host government(s) or the private sector in the areas of learning and evaluation.
· Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to adapt communication styles to a range of audiences.
· Demonstrated ability to present information on scientific studies, operations research and cost-benefit analysis including using relevant data for advocacy on integration of high-impact practices at all levels of implementation.
· Experience in Zambia or the Southern Africa region strongly preferred.
· Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
How to apply: