Organization: International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc.
Closing date: 17 Mar 2018
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Health Management Information System Senior Advisor
Reports To: Chief of Party
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is a managerial, exempt level position
IBTCI is currently seeking a Health Management Information System (HMIS) Senior Advisor to support the upcoming USAID/Zambia Evidence for Health Project. This activity will provide technical assistance to USAID/Zambia, implementing partners and Government of Zambia stakeholders for improving health data systems and utilization. The anticipated period of performance of this activity is 5 years with an estimated start date of October 2018. The HMIS Senior Advisor directly reports to the DCOP in activity implementation and management. The Advisor will provide technical, strategic advice and programmatic direction for the development and implementation of HMIS aspects of the activity, for optimizing the generation, identification, collection, processing, storage, and dissemination of quality data and strategic information. The expert technical advice provided will be used by the COP to support the technical assistance, and political direction provided by the activity to key government and non-government partners. Zambian nationals are encouraged to apply.
The position is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Collaborative with other members of the project and other IBTCI offices to ensure that project
- objectives are achieved.
- Advise on strategies, tactics and methods for software applications and improvements in the HMIS.
- Provide guidance on implementation strategies for improving integration and interoperability across health information systems.
- Provide technical assistance to GRZ and the MOH to develop standards for health information systems including indicators, data sources, data quality, data security, and data storage.
- Provide guidance and supervision in the implementation of strategies and methods for software application development, deployment, and use. Advice for comprehensive testing, technical feasibility and quality assurance of software applications.
- Conduct analyses of health information systems operations, including data flow across the Zambian health system.
- Build capacity and transfer knowledge on health information infrastructure deployment, roll-out and expansion to country stakeholders to develop data-informed decision-making skills, methods and approaches appropriate for the Zambian context.
- Maintain database results by setting and enforcing standards and controls. Prepare for database expansion by studying plans and requirements; advise the COP; coordinate design and programming.
- Accomplish platform upgrades and improvements by supervising system programming.
- Lead health data analysis and support the design and implementation of a strategic decision-making support system based on data and indicators for which the project is accountable.
- Provide technical assistance for the effective and efficient use of the MOH HMIS platform at facility, district, provincial and national, including the effective implementation and roll-out of DHIS2, eLMIS, lab systems, SmartCare, and others that may be introduced.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 2-5 years working experience with USG donors, USAID or other similar internationals donors.
- Strong knowledge of public health projects in Zambia.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and/or maintaining health information systems in low-resource settings.
- Extensive experience with DHIS2, including design, initial deployment, implementation, roll out, capacity building, and technical assistance.
- Demonstrated skills in the use of data visualization tools and methods for health data at various levels of a health system including community, facility, district, regional, and national.
- Previous USAID experience preferred.
- Previous data maintenance experience required.
- At least 8 years of experience in working with information systems management and design in thehealth field for USG-funded projects or other internationally funded programs.
- At least 4 years of experience at a managerial or advisor level, providing guidance and supervision in
- implementation of strategies or methods.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, including evidence of quality report writing and presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with quality products.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience with database management, database design, process improvement, reporting skills required.
- Demonstrated experience presenting technical information and understanding technical information required.
- Strong attention to detail required.
Education: Master’s degree in information science, data science, public health, statistics, health informatics, or other related field required.
Working Environment: Work is performed in a typical corporate office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 25 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Travel within Zambia is expected.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
Working Conditions: Work is performed in a typical corporate office environment.
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift up to twenty five pounds.
No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination of race, creed, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. We are an E-verify employer.
How to apply:
Apply online here: https://careers-ibtci.icims.com/jobs/1775/health-management-information-system-%28hmis%29-senior-advisor/job