Organization: International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc.
Closing date: 17 Mar 2018
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring &Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Researcher Senior Advisor
Reports To: Chief of Party
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is an exempt level position
IBTCI is currently seeking a Researcher Senior Advisor to support the upcoming USAID/Zambia Evidence for Health Project. The Research Senior Advisor will contribute to building the evidence base for health programming in malaria, nutrition, family planning, maternal and child health, and HIV. The Researcher Senior Advisor will oversee activities such as operations research, special studies, assessments, and big data analyses and will provide technical assistance to the development of Zambian research institutions and junior Zambian researchers. This activity will provide technical assistance to USAID/Zambia Health Office, implementing partners and Government of Zambia stakeholders for improving health data systems and utilization. The anticipated period of performance of this activity is 5 years with an estimated start date of October 2018.
The position is contingent upon successful award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop operational/implementation research design, including methodology, sampling strategy, and data collection instruments in close collaboration with Zambian research institutions.
- Support a Zambia-led the process of defining, developing, and assessing the capacity building strategy for Zambian research institutions, including capacity development plans, research symposia and the management of a competitive fund for researchers.
- Assist in establishing a mentorship program for junior Zambian health researchers.
- Provide technical support to USAID/Zambia Health Office Monitoring and Evaluation Division for systematizing internal reporting, including aggregated standard health indicator annual reporting.
- Work with Zambian research institutions to improve recruitment, productivity and performance management of human resources and research activities.
- Provide targeted technical support to USAID/Zambia and the Zambian MOH to build their capacity for the systematic and effective collection, analysis, and utilization of health data for decision-making and to strengthen health data systems.
- Work with the project technical team and managers in the development, documentation and dissemination of the project’s findings, best practices, lessons learned and scale up efforts for technical
- and non-technical audiences.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Zambian national strongly preferred.
- Proven experience leading applied research teams for public health programs
- Prior applied research experience in the health sector in Zambia.
- Previous experience preparing high-quality applied research reports.
- Previous experience with USG-funded projects and knowledge of USAID’s ADS 201 policy, standards, guidance and protocols highly desired.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in health research, involving a range of research activities and products.
- Previous qualitative and quantitative research experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience conducting research in developing countries.
- Wide range of publications and conference presentations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, including evidence of quality report writing and presentations. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with quality products.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
Education: Master’s degree in social sciences, public health, statistics, or a related area from an accredited institution required; PhD preferred.
Working Environment: Work is performed in a typical corporate office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 25 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Travel throughout Zambia as necessary.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
Working Conditions: Work is performed in a typical corporate office environment.
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift up to twenty five pounds.
No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination of race, creed, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. We are an E-verify employer.
How to apply:
Apply online here: https://careers-ibtci.icims.com/jobs/1776/researcher-senior-advisor/job