Organization: International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc.
Closing date: 27 May 2018
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Senior Knowledge Management, Data Demand, and Use (KM/DDU) Advisor
Department/Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Reports To: Chief of Party
Type: Regular Full-Time
IBTCI is currently seeking a Senior Knowledge Management, Data Demand, and Use (KM/DDU) Advisor to support the USAID/Zambia Evidence for Health Project (E4H). The Senior KM/DDU Advisor will contribute to the USAID/Zambia E4H Project meeting its intended goals to 1) Strengthen the National Health Management Information System (HMIS) owned and managed by the Government of Zambia’s (GRZ) Ministry of Health (MOH), 2) Improve monitoring, evaluation, and research capacities within key government and non-governmental institutions, and 3) Expand the evidence base for existing approaches to health programming in malaria, nutrition, family planning, maternal and child health, and HIV. The activity will support strategic objectives of USAID, the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), and the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI). Zambia national strongly preferred.
The position is contingent upon successful award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Provide programmatic guidance and technical assistance to strengthen knowledge management and data demand and use across all levels in the public health sector.
· Identify, manage, package and disseminate key information to advance technical practice in the areas of HMIS, health research, and monitoring and evaluation.
· Lead and manage learning events.
· Guide and facilitate the uptake of improved practices generated through the three objectives of this project.
· Build national, provincial, district, and facility level demand for and ability to use HMIS data for evidence-based programming in collaboration with a wide array of stakeholders;
· Develop appropriate strategies and tools for strengthening the use of HMIS data, identify data needs at all levels, and build capacity to implement tools and approaches through training and workshops.
· Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Substantial knowledge of knowledge management systems and strategies.
· Strong knowledge of data analysis.
· Proven ability to disseminate key information to relevant stakeholders.
· Strong public speaking skills.
· Previous experience creating evidence-based programming.
· Strict attention to detail.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Strong ability to communicate across all levels of the organization.
· Zambian national strongly preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to create, plan, and lead a world-class knowledge management strategy to ensure all relevant stakeholders have the right information at the right time in the right format to achieve objectives.
· Previous experience serving as a knowledge management expert who can guide and support USAID, GRZ, and other key stakeholders in support of contract objectives.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate technical data and information (including health research methods and statistical analysis) to non-technical audiences to support data-informed decision making, advocacy, and other activity objectives.
· Previous experience facilitating engaging and innovative trainings on knowledge management and organizational learning.
· Oral and written fluency in English required.
Education: Master’s degree in social sciences, public health, statistics, health informatics, knowledge management, or a related area from an accredited institution required.
Working Environment: Work is performed in a typical corporate office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 25 lbs.
Travel: Travel throughout Zambia as necessary.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
How to apply: