Organization: Social Impact
Closing date: 16 May 2018
Senior Research and Evaluation Advisor, USAID/Zambia Evidence for Health Activity, Zambia
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
· Strengthen the national Health Management Information System (HMIS) owned and managed by the Government of Zambia’s (GRZ) Ministry of Health (MOH).
· Improve monitoring, evaluation, and research capacities within key government and non-governmental partners.
· Expand the evidence base for existing approaches to health programming in malaria, nutrition, family planning, maternal and child health, and HIV.
· Build the evidence base for health programming in malaria, nutrition, family planning, maternal and child health, and HIV.
· Oversee activities such as operations research, special studies, assessments, and big data analyses.
· Provide technical leadership to the development of Zambian research institutions and junior Zambian researchers.
· Build capacity to develop, manage and operationalize M&E systems and plans that are aligned with continuous evolving public health, program strategy, and permit quality reporting on all sub-national levels.
· Actively engage with the MOH and cooperating partners’ efforts to conduct rigorous and relevant public health evaluations to support future large scale public health program design and implementation.
· Establish and maintain routine monitoring and reporting systems in collaboration with other project team members to support USAID Evidence for Health implementation with data-driven program decision-making.
· Master’s degree in Statistics, Public Health, Epidemiology or a related field required; Ph.D. preferred.
· Minimum of eight years of experience in health research, involving a gold-standard quantitative, qualitative, and mixed-methods research published in peer-reviewed publications.
· Able to explain qualitative and quantitative research, secondary data analysis, primary data collection, rapid assessments, evaluation methodologies, and advanced activity monitoring techniques to non-technical and junior research audiences.
· Demonstrated expertise in providing guidance to resource-constrained research institutions to increase the quantity of research produced and ensure it meets highest international standards.
· Demonstrated experience in motivating, inspiring, and mentoring researchers at all levels of experience through the research design, execution, and publication process.
· Able to serve as a liaison with USAID, GRZ, and other key stakeholders in support of the contract
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
How to apply: