Organization: Population Services International
Closing date: 07 Jun 2018
Job title**: Senior Knowledge Management, Data Demand, and Use (KM/DDU) Advisor, Evidence for Health, Zambia**
Department: Southern Africa
Based in Lusaka, Zambia
Reports to the Chief of Party, Evidence for Health
*This position will be full time position at SFH/Zambia
*Contingent upon funding
Who we are
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
PSI seeks an experienced Senior Knowledge Management, Data Demand, and Use (KM/DDU) Advisor to support the building of evidence base for health programming in malaria, nutrition, family planning, maternal and child health, and HIV for an anticipated five-year project funded by USAID in Zambia. The Senior Knowledge Management, Data Demand, and Use Advisor will be responsible for providing programmatic guidance and technical assistance to strengthen knowledge management and data demand and use in key government and non-government partners; and expand the evidence based to health programming in malaria, nutrition, family planning, maternal and child health, and HIV prevention. This person will play a leading role in advancing the identification, management, package, and dissemination of key information in the areas of HMIS, health research, and monitoring and evaluation. The successful candidate will work under the direct supervision of the Chief of Party.
Sound like you? Read on.
- Support a range of activities to identify, manage, package and disseminate key information to advance technical practice in the areas of HMIS, health research, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Lead and support learning events, produce resources and guidance, and facilitate the uptake of improved practices generated through the three objectives of the project
- Build national, provincial, district, and facility level demand for and ability to use HMIS data for evidence-based programming in collaboration with a wide array of stakeholders
- Develop appropriate strategies and tools for strengthening the use of HMIS data, identify data needs at all levels, and build capacity to implement tools and approaches through training and workshops.
What are we looking for?
- You have a Master’s degree in a related field, PhD preferred
- You have at least 10 years of experience in health research, information systems management and design in the health field
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience at a managerial or advisor level in knowledge management and data utilization for health research, evaluation, monitoring, and HMIS.
- You have demonstrated the ability to conceive of, plan, and lead a world-class knowledge management strategy to ensure all stakeholders related to this contract have the right information at the right time in the right format to achieve contract objectives.
- You have the ability to serve as a knowledge management expert to guide and support USAID, Government of Zambia, and other key stakeholders in support of the contract objectives.
- You have the ability to communicate technical data and information (including health research methods and statistical analysis) to non-technical audiences to support data-informed decision making, advocacy, and other activity objectives.
- You have the ability to deliver engaging and innovative trainings on knowledge management and organizational learning.
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills in English, and have demonstrated the ability to meet deadlines with quality products.
- You have proven management skills, including relevant experience in direct supervision of professional staff.
- You can work well as part of a team and effectively develop and manage a network of collaborating partners.
References will be required.
What would get us excited?
- USAID Experience. You have good experience in health project management with USAID, ideally in Zambia.
- Capacity Builder: You have experience in building institutional, local technical, management and leadership capacity.
- Results Oriented: Knows how to design and successfully implement, monitor, and disseminate results, adapting as needed to achieve the greatest impact.
- Collaborative manager. You are able to inspire a shared vision for your colleagues. You have successfully helped your staff learn, grow, and thrive in their work.
- A connector. You have experience working with Ministries of Health, public and private actors and global health donors.
- A strategist and an innovator. You are creative, innovative and a strategic thinker. You have a strong interest in private-sector approaches to development and a proven ability to produce results.
To Apply: PLEASE EMAIL APPLICATION AND CV TO: firstname.lastname@example.org or The Director – Human Resources, Society for Family Health, Plot No. 549, Ituna Road, P.O Box 50770, Lusaka – Clearly indicate “**POSITION TITLE”**
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
How to apply: