Organization: Tiny Tim and Friends
Closing date: 11 Jul 2018
Founded in 2003, Tiny Tim and Friends (TTF) is a Zambian NGO providing high quality medical treatment, social care and counseling support to vulnerable children (OVCs), adolescents and pregnant women living with HIV.
To support the ongoing growth and development of Tiny Tim & Friends projects, operations, staff and patients. To support the leadership of Tiny Tim & Friends in Zambia to ensure high quality delivery of programs, projects and activities. To ensure consistent funding to support staff and program development. Key Responsibilities
- To work with the Board of Directors in the USA and in Zambia to ensure TTF’s programs and activities are in line with TTF’s mission and vision
- Support the management team through providing guidance and support in delivering activities and projects
- Support the development of the TTF staff in managing program activities to ensure TTF’s work is impactful and achieving agreed objectives.
- Provide guidance and support to clinical, social, project and monitoring and evaluation staff to ensure all activities and programs at TTF are achieving agreed outlined activities, objectives and impact.
- Leading and developing the TTF Fundraising Strategy to increase funding through a range of avenues including: foundations, grants, individual giving, major donors and corporate partners
- Oversee all donor funded programs to ensure that projects are delivering objectives
- Writing high quality grant applications which can provide both project and unrestricted funding
- To manage all current donors and supporters to ensure clear and open communication channels and successful delivery of projects and activities
- Work with the Finance Manager and Programs Director to set annual budgets for the organisation which are realistic and achievable in line with project requirements and funding
- Oversee all donor funding, working with the Finance Manager to ensure regular reporting and successful management of all donor funds to achieve impact
- To build mutually beneficial relationships with local and international partners for the benefit of Tiny Tim & Friends patients and programs.
- Ensure donor engagement through sharing impactful and effective donor communications via TTF social media channels, TTF website, TTF newsletters and other avenues
- Represent Tiny Tim & Friends at events, meetings and activities to enable partnerships to be built and TTF work to be showcased within Zambia.
- Degree level education (preferably in communications, marketing, development or business) (Essential)
- Minimum of five years experience in fundraising/ grant management (Essential)
- Experience at least two different fundraising mechanisms including individual giving, institutional donors, corporate partnerships and major donors (Essential)
- Strong writing skills and experience in grant writing (Essential)
- Experience in building strong partnerships with donors, INGOs and CBOs (Desirable)
- Proven ability to engage people through written word and media (Essential)
- Proven experience of managing and creating communications for an organisation including web updates and development, social media and newsletters (Desirable)
- Experience in project management and managing donor funding (Essential)
- Experience in writing budgets and managing finances (Desirable)
- Experience working in a healthcare setting (preferably with HIV) and in working with vulnerable populations (Desirable)
- Experience working within international development (Desirable)
- Strong people management and relationship management skills and the ability to develop relationships with individuals at different seniority within international and local organisations. (Desirable)
- Demonstrated ability to work and build relationships in cross cultural settings (Essential)
- Fluent In written and oral English (Essential), local language a bonus.
Please note this is a local position based in Zambia, therefore candidates will be required to live and work in Lusaka, Zambia. Tiny Tim & Friends is a small local NGO, therefore the successful candidate will work on a local contact, and a local salary. For international candidates TTF cannot provide support with relocation costs. As a small NGO we can only respond to shortlisted candidates. We will request references if required.
For more information or an informal discussion please contact Jac Connell, Director, Tiny Tim & Friends: email@example.com.
How to apply:
For the full job description please visit: http://zambia.tinytimandfriends.org/work-with-us.html
Please submit your CV (No more than THREE sides of A4) along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line: Country Director Application.
Deadline: Wednesday 11th July 2018, interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis