Organization: Winrock International
Closing date: 14 Nov 2018
Finance and Admin Officer – Achieving Reduction of Child Labor in Support of Education (ARISE III)
Effective with the release of this position announcement, Winrock International is recruiting applicants for the position of Finance and Admin Officer for the Achieving Reduction of Child Labor in Support of Education (ARISE III) program.
GENERAL: Winrock is a recognized leader in US and international development with a focus on social and environmental issues. As a mission-driven, field-based organization, we believe that sustainable development is inclusive and that complex challenges require integrated solutions. We pride ourselves on being a learning organization that embraces continuous improvement in program results and processes and a culture of accountability.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The annual salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits.
APPLICATIONS: Applicants should send a current resume, cover letter, and reference contacts to ARISEZjobs@winrock.org no later than Nov 14, 2018. Only candidates who meet all requisite criteria and are short listed will be contacted. EEOE/AA.
LOCATION: Lusaka, Zambia DEPARTMENT: Civic Engagement and Social Equity REPORTS TO: ARISE Zambia Program Manager, Civic Engagement and Social Equity
PROGRAM SUMMARY: The ARISE program is a high-quality, results-oriented program to prevent and help eliminate child labor through improved awareness of the hazards of child labor, greater livelihoods opportunities for vulnerable households, and improved access to education for children and youth. The position has an anticipated start date of January 1, 2019.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The F&A officer is responsible for overall administrative and financial management of ARISE Zambia project. The position will be responsible for providing effective and efficient financial and administrative services such as processing and maintaining all field payments/ financial transactions, financial vouchers, bank accounts, payroll and maintaining staff personnel files, etc. The position will report to the Zambia Program Manager. Specific responsibilities of the Finance and Administrative Officer include but are not limited to:
Financial Accounting and Management
· Manage relations with banking institutions, the medical insurance provider, the Zambia Revenue Authority (MRA), etc.
· Make payments to staff, vendors, and different suppliers following WI approval processes and policy.
· Regularly update the Field Office Vouchers (FOVs), Receipt Vouchers (RVs), and Journal Vouchers (JVs).
· Develop a monthly payment tracker to take note of when different payments such as office rent is due as per the contracts.
· Maintain bank, cash, and checkbook records as per Winrock and donor record-keeping policies.
· Prepare monthly payroll, Pay as You Earn (PAYE) taxes, including the recording of applicable benefits in the payroll spreadsheet.
Financial Reporting and Budgeting
· Submit field financial reports, advance and fuel trackers, wire requests, and other financial documentation to the Home Office on a timely basis each month.
· Submit hard copies of Field Office Vouchers (FOVs) to the Regional Office on time each month.
· Assist the Program Manager and other team members to develop quarterly financial projections/forecast and any other budgeting aspects.
· Provide administrative assistance to the Program Manager.
· Maintain office filing.
· Assist field office recruitments.
· Maintain staff personnel files.
· Organize office meetings.
· Assist project procurement.
· Complete other tasks as assigned by Winrock.
QUALIFICATIONS: Successful candidates will have at least seven years’ progressively responsible experience working on donor-funded programs.
Education: University degree in accounting, finance, or other relevant field of study is required. Master’s degree preferred.
· At least seven years’ experience in F&A/operational management, including a background in procurement, human resources and staff management, and financial and administrative compliance.
· International development experience in a similar position.
· Experience in the management of field offices is a plus.
· Ability to problem-solve, foster teamwork, adhere to the highest ethical standards, and meet deadlines and deliverables essential.
· Fluency in English required.
· Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, creative problem solving, and conflict management skills.
· Ability to communicate and coordinate effectively and proactively with regional ARISE office, regional WI office, as well as home office staff.
· Excellent oral and written communications skills; demonstrated ability to interact effectively and sensitively with multicultural staff, external donors, and collaborators is essential.
· Computer literate.
How to apply:
APPLICATIONS: Applicants should send a current resume, cover letter, and reference contacts to ARISEZjobs@winrock.org no later than Nov 14, 2018. Only candidates who meet all requisite criteria and are short listed will be contacted.