Organization: Save the Children
Closing date: 19 Jan 2019
Southern Africa Senior Business Development Manager
The Southern Africa Senior Business Development Manager is a senior position, supporting three country offices (Zambia, Zimbabwe and Mozambique) to achieve their strategic funding ambitions. The position is strategically designed to support in-country business development and portfolio planning teams, while providing cross-learning and support to all three countries. There is a strong capacity building component to the role.
The Senior Business Development Manager will support donor landscape studies with each country office to identify donor trends, ensure the development of a high-quality funding strategy for the 2019-2021 strategic plan period in each country, facilitate structured donor engagement in each country, track and identify donor opportunities, and coordinate and write proposals for large, competitive funding opportunities when requested. The position requires innovative thinking and creativity to package our programme strategies in ways that attract the right donor support and grow our portfolio strategically and sustainably.
Recognising that many conversations with donors involve a review or update around current awards as well as discussions about new opportunities, the Senior Business Development Manager will also be expected to remain informed about the progress of Save the Children’s programming, Common Approaches and evidence generation.
The position requires regular travel in Southern Africa.
Qualifications and experience
* Humanitarian/development professional with a relevant Masters’ Degree or equivalent professional experience.
* Recommended 7 years’ experience in both emergency and development contexts, preferably with solid experience in new business development
* Excellent coordination and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels.
* Excellent representation, presentation and communication skills.
* Experience in coordinating development of large-scale or strategic proposals, including the development of multi-million-dollar project budgets. Specific experience with US and UK government programming.
* Experience writing gender transformative proposals, and/or integrating gender effectively in design.
* Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
* Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets.
* Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in from all teams.
* Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner.
* Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies.
* Fluency in English, both verbal and written, required.
* Strong editing skills.
* Commitment to Save the Children values, including willingness to abide by and enforce the Child Safeguarding policy.
* Significant experience in the region
Contract length: 1 year, renewable
Location: Lusaka, Zambia or Harare, Zimbabwe
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy
How to apply:
Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bWtvZ2kuMDMxNDcuMzgzMEBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20