Organization: Living Water International
Closing date: 18 Jan 2019
Living Water International exists to demonstrate the love of God by helping communities acquire desperately needed clean water, and to experience “water for life in Jesus’ name” – the gospel of Jesus Christ–which alone satisfies the deepest thirst. Living Water is providing safe drinking water, Christian Witness, sanitation and health education to communities across Africa.
A vacancy exists in Living Water West and Southern Africa Region for a Senior Program Officer. The successful candidate will assist and support the Regional Vice President in resource mobilization initiatives, program design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting while effectively engaging and managing partners for the regional office which is based in Lusaka Zambia.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· In close cooperation with the Regional Vice Presidents, identify and respond to grant application opportunities that are in line with LWIs strategic objectives and targets, including internal quality WASH standards
· Ensure that there is program compliance with GAM and other grant acquisition / management related LWIs systems policies, and procedures
· Liaise closely with the LWIs HQ through the Regional Vice President.
· Ensure project proposals address community needs / include community participation, and are in alignment with LWIs strategic objectives and targets, including internal quality WASH standards
· Ensure high-quality concept papers and proposals are developed which meet LWI and donor requirements
· Ensure log frames, budgets and other project documentation are in accordance with donor formats and standards and submit them to the RVP for West and Southern Africa who will facilitate the involvement of all the relevant Houston departments for finalization and approval prior to donor submission
· Identify funding gaps in West & Southern Africa and seek new funding to support the program as needed
· Work with field-based staff to develop concept papers and prepare proposals (including logical frameworks, draft budgets, budget narratives, and monitoring and evaluation plans) for major government, private and multi-lateral donors
Program/ Project Management:
· Ensure project implementation is aligned with project design documentation and grant expectations
· Work with the RVP and ensure that monthly grant expenditure tracking is taking place with financial projections & reports being reviewed and any concerns are highlighted and acted upon as soon as they arise
· Assist country offices to develop implementation and management strategies that enable all current and anticipated projects to achieve outputs and outcomes within prescribed timeframes and budgets
· Provide recommendations to the RVP, Country Director, and Grants Manager for improved, streamlined and updated grant acquisition/management systems, and program implementation
· Develop field staff capacity building programs/trainings to ensure positive community involvement and participation is carried out in program implementation
Monitoring, Reporting and Evaluation:
· Oversee the monitoring and reporting of project outcomes and targets for grant projects in West & Southern Africa
· Ensure that donor requirements and project targets are met during program implementation and suggest adjustments where necessary
· Assist in coordinating the overall reporting of donor funded projects, ensuring that reporting requirements are met and reports are submitted to the Regional Office, and donors on time and in high quality English.
· Coordinate with program/project managers and sector specialists in the planning and undertaking of field assessments and technical evaluations of current and ongoing projects
· Participate in the design and implementation of baseline surveys, needs assessments, mid-term evaluations of WPAs, external Evaluations of WPAs and impact evaluations as necessary
Information Sharing and Knowledge Management:
· Track information, develop documentation for internal and external uses
· Support yearly operational planning process and strategies for each country office under the guidance of the Regional VP
· Assist field offices in information sharing and knowledge management databases
· Assist in drafting, monitoring implementation, reporting and signing of technical agreements with line ministries and other Government agencies
· Assist in development and implementation of systems that will support the organization’s efforts to monitor and evaluate its programs, to track information on project implementation, to store vital program documentation, and to gather and store information vital to communicating project impact and promote pro-active learning
Representation and Networking:
· Under the guidance of the RVP, represent LWI at appropriate UN and NGO meetings and workshops; joint-agency assessments; and task force teams
· Facilitate collaborative working relationships with HQ, Regional Offices, and Country Offices
· Assist the RVP and Country Directors with developing key relationships and partnerships with other INGOs, local NGOs and donors
Knowledge and Experience:
How to apply:
Suitably qualified volunteer candidates are requested to submit a cover letter (one page only) explaining their suitability and a CV (no more than 5 pages) with details of qualifications and work experience including 3 traceable references – professional, spiritual and general. All offers of engagement for the volunteership are made contingent upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.
Applications to be submitted to Fridah G. Kirimi, Regional Human Resource Manager for Africa via the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not attach scanned certificates.
Closing date for applications is 18th January 2019.
Should you be shortlisted you will be contacted within 3 weeks of the closing date.
Living Water Africa Region is an equal opportunity employer.**
We encourage you to visit our website: http://www.water.cc for more information about our work.